This post is raw and holds nothing back. If you’re uncomfortable with vulgar language, please turn back.
December 15, 2007
My Life Today
- Woke up at around 10 am and worked on a few business projects for an hour or two.
- Went to the gym and then came home and had lunch.
- Logged onto World of Warcraft and got ready for tonights raid.
- Hung out and did some shopping with my wife. The Starbucks Gingerbread Latte rawks.
- Did my daily blog and forum reading for both personal and business use.
- Ate dinner, and then jumped into WoW for some raiding.
- Had a few Guiness Extra Stout.
- 1:40 am, still up typing this blog post.
My Life Had I Stayed in Medicine
- Wake up at 5:30 am and then commute to the hospital.
- Deal with sick patients all day.
- Repeat number 2 above.
- Come home at 6-7 pm.
- Have dinner, spend a couple of hours with my wife.
- Go to bed.
- Tomorrow is Saturday — I’d probably have to round on patients.
What’d you do today?
Are you convinced to leave medicine? If so, you may feel like you are alone. You may feel clueless about what to do next. However, quitting medicine could turn out better than you have ever thought possible. And here is why you should get out …
This article is part of Hoover’s Med School Hell series. Med School Hell reveals the crazy truth about the crappiness of the US medical education and healthcare system … while making you laugh so hard, you’ll crap in your pants.