This is seriously the most photogenic medical school I have ever seen. How could you beat this view? White-washed walled buildings next to a light-blue ocean.
Location and Contact Information:
- Location: Grenada, West Indies
- Website: SGU (St. George Medical School)
- Phone Number: 1-800-899-6337 ext. 9 1280
- E-mail: email@example.com
General Admissions Information:
- Average GPA: 3.4
- Average MCAT: 27
- SGU has rolling admissions, which means first come first serve. They admit two classes per year: one in August and the other in January. Do not feel rushed to send out the application if you are not ready. You will not have to wait long if you miss one application cycle.
Class Size (per trimester):
Attrition Rate (people who leave and do not graduate from the school):
- SGU’s clinical rotations take place predominantly in the US. They have many affiliated hospitals on the East Coast. SGU’s students have an easier time securing clinical rotation spots than students in other Caribbean schools.
- As of 2011-2012, SGU’s tuition is roughly $23,000 per trimester. To graduate from SGU, you will have to attend for 10 trimesters. That means the total tuition cost is $230,000. That is more than Harvard Medical School’s tuition cost of $190,000! That’s quite steep. As you can see, you are paying a very high price for this chance to become a doctor. But it offers you the best chance out of the other Caribbean schools.
Check out my ranking for the top Caribbean medical schools to see how this school compares to the others.
picture source: ModernDayGilligan
This article is part of the Get into Medical School series. Click on the link if you want more tips and hints about getting accepted into medical school.